Commercial Waste Zone Outreach
About Commercial Waste Zones
- In 2019, officials passed Local Law 199 requiring the establishment of Commercial Waste Zones throughout New York City. The city wide program creates 20 geographic zones, each serviced by up to three waste companies. Customers will need to comply with new contracting, billing and environmental regulations.
- The Commercial Waste Zones (CWZ) program will create a safe and efficient commercial waste collection system that advances the City’s Green New Deal and zero waste goals while providing high-quality, low-cost service to NYC businesses.
- Industrial Carting specializes in the Brooklyn West zone and looks forward to becoming one of its three authorized waste service providers.
- Contact us to find out what zone you are in.
CWZ Education & Outreach
- Since the passage of Local Law 199, Industrial Carting has operated an education campaign to ensure Brooklyn West businesses, Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), Chambers of Commerce, local Community Boards, and local elected officials all understand the changes to the way commercial waste will be managed. Local officials continue to look to Industrial Carting as the expert on this topic.
- Contact Us to schedule an information session.
Let’s Keep More Material Out Of Landfills
We help businesses adopt sustainable and environmentally responsible recycling practices. Contact Us to schedule a consultation to determine a plan for collecting recyclables that works for your business.
Cardboard & Paper
Cardboard and paper are collected by Industrial Carting and recycled at its sister company owned recycling facility. With the help of a cardboard baler or compactor, it can be condensed to take up less space between pickups.
Construction & Demolition Waste
This waste is collected and brought to licensed construction and demolition recycling facilities with the goal to reclaim eligible materials for reuse and recycling.
Food Scraps / Organics
Fabric Scraps / Textile Cuttings
Industrial Carting is the sole recycler of textile cuttings from garment manufacturers. If textile cuttings make up more than 10% of your business’s monthly waste, by law your business is required to separate and recycle or repurpose all textile waste.
Metal, Glass and Plastic (Mixed Recyclables MGP)
Typically consists of consumer products, such as beverage and food packaging. Industrial Carting collects and processes with Sims Municipal Recycling. A mix of these materials is acceptable.
CarpetCycle, a New Jersey-based company that serves the New York region.
Electronic Waste & Batteries
Furniture, fixtures and equipment
(including excess construction / renovation materials, tools, etc.)
Big Reuse, a nonprofit organization with its primary facility located within Brooklyn West.
PaintCare and other paint-recovery operators for excess paint generated by its customers.
...We are especially proud of our 15-year work with Industrial Carting on collecting organics waste, being ahead of the curve on a responsible best practice.
Industrial Carting has maintained the highest standards of service, safety and is leading efforts in sustainability through their commitment to reduce emissions, their focus on pedestrian and cycling safety and their efforts to improve noise pollution through their use of enhanced hydraulic technology. Industrial Carting is already at the forefront of meeting the City’s proposed outcomes and is well suited to continue servicing our neighborhood.
Gowanus Canal Conservancy
…the Myrtle Avenue BID wants to acknowledge Industrial Carting’s exceptional service and commitment to safety and sustainability, and express our desire for our member businesses to continue to work with Industrial Carting…
Myrtle Avenue BID
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive updates on service, recycling and regulatory issues.